.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Adarsh's pensieve

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

X-macs

I'm an Xmacs now.Its a really contended feeling when i step out of the shoes of the MACS chairman i wore for the past year.It was an eventful year , in fact founding years have to be eventful. I discovered a few good friends , whom i believe will remain thus, many whom i would not have known had i not come into MACS. It did teach me the importance of initiative and persistence, virtues that had been lacking me , but did surface in times of need and still remains.

I had been writing too many good byes - so things i say now look stale to me.One of the great wonders was that it did work , i did have fear that i would'nt be worth them. One thing that i may take pride is in the website , to the extent that i sometimes check to see if it still looks the same.

To leave the group was a great difficulty, i persisted (a quality i learnt here ) though i had managed to gracefully withdraw my collegues.The maxim "Leave when U are at the peak " seemed to have its influence ad i withdrew yesterday. I had tested it out once and found that it works fine , it really saves u and ur successor from a lot of legacy.

It gives more pleasure hand over reigns to people whom u can trust to take it to greater heights.

1 Comments:

  • No legacy? You have left a huge legacy behind. We the present mac-ians are going to have a tought time emulating what you did.

    By Blogger Anirudh, at 3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home